Saturday, April 26, 2008

FORGE AHEAD

Lyrics by Stan C. Countz © April, 2008 Valley Views Productions

VS 1
There was a time I was walkin’ on Cloud Nine
I was yours and you were mine
It was a time I will always treasure
but it’s just too hard to measure

PRE-CHORUS
how much life we can lose when we choose
To keep our eye on the gift and not the giver
So give us this day our daily bread and deliver
Us from evil and always remember

CHORUS
It’s so easy to get off track
Now I see, we can’t go back
But we can ____ forge ahead
Yes we can ____ forge ahead

VS 2
The daily grind can blind our eyes
to the miracles all around us
Don’t buy into the lies or compromise your soul
or you’ll spend a lifetime dodgin’ the devil’s toll

CHORUS

It’s so easy to get off track
Now I see we can never go back
But we can ____ forge ahead
Yes we can ____ forge ahead

OUTRO

We can learn from the past and let the dead bury the dead
So give us this day our daily bread and deliver us from evil
Can’t get this outta my head: “If My people
who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray
Seek my face and turn from their wicked ways
Then from heaven will I hear, forgive them of their sins
And heal their land.”

OUTRO TO LAST CHORUS
I know it can be hard to understand
You see we can’t go back, but we can ____
Forge ahead: we can’t go back but we can _____
Forge ahead

No comments: